[Imc-outreach] Re: [Imc] outreach meeting notes:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Aug 18 19:45:53 CDT 2004

hey all,

we should run the the phone bank on the weekend -- a. because it won't use
up most people's cell phone minutes; and b. because most folks are around
over the weekend.

--sascha

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, faith swords wrote:

> present: ellen, jane, meghan, zoe, faith, arun, cyrus, sascha, susan
>
> AGENDA ITEMS:
> sweetcorn festival
> young women's club
> copier
> mailing
> phone bank
>
> SWEETCORN: jane called to ask if we had both days and "if we paid for
> friday, we probably have friday". we did pay for friday, but it was
> limited space and we weren't guaranteed. we're pretty sure we'll have it.
>
> who can staff? RFU wanted to. jane will email all working groups to
> recruit staffers.
>
> we need a sign. we need the "portable IMC outreach kit". we need it by
> next week. everyone is going to look for large pieces of cardboard.
> cyrus will paint the sign if we can get him materials. what should it say?
> "urbana-champaign IMC and the website". also in the kit, flyers, stickers,
> buttons. meghan and cyrus can make some stickers for sweetcorn, just to
> start. ellen will bring a tub to next week's meeting which will become the
> "outreach kit". possibly with hanging folders, possibly without. susan can
> bring rubber bands, in lieu of the hanging folders. (brief conversation
> about rubber bands in general.) membership forms, stickers, buttons,
> brochures, any working group paraphenelia, public i. jane will contact
> working groups about their parapheneilia. also ask if they have the actual
> files for the flyers/papers/whatever, so that we have a general
> repository.
>
> cyrus: sign and stickers
> jane: emails
> ellen: tubs
> fiath: cardboards
>
> YOUNG WOMEN'S CLUB: they want an tour on monday at 2:30. jane and meghan
> will give the tour. jane will respond to their email and let them know
> that that time works for us.
>
> MEMBERSHIP HANDBOOK: needs to be editted. both for content and typos.
> ellen was going to make an appeal to get more volunteers to edit the
> handbook. ellen was also thinking of making a digest-sized version, to
> save paper. everyone likes that idea. ellen will work on this.
>
> ellen: send file to meghan
> meghan: edit file
> all: meeting sunday at 5:30 to make additional copies
>
> COPIER: the copier guy is coming tomorrow. he will call ellen, and they
> will meet at the IMC. it'll probably be around $360. we will then deal
> with all contracts and co-users, as well as a general usage policy after
> the copier is fixed. ellen and copier guy have good rapport.
>
> MAILING: we have stuffed the envelopes and are ready to mail out the
> letters. minor mishaps. GO US! ellen will mail the letters.
>
> PHONEBANK: faith and jane will collaborate to find phone numbers. meghan
> thinks we should have food and drink to bribe people into coming.
> PHONEBANK ON WEDNESDAY SEPT. 1 AT 7 P.M.
>
> ***hey zach, didn't you at one point volunteer to write a phone script for
> [...]

Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & Pres.  *  Project Coordinator  *  Project Manager
Acorn Worker Collective *** CU Wireless Network *** Eggplant Active Media
www.acorncollective.com  *  www.cuwireless.net   *  www.eggplantmedia.com