[Imc-outreach] copier and other stuff

Ellen radicallibrarian at hellokitty.com
Sat Aug 21 10:28:39 CDT 2004

Hi friends,

Well the copier was repaired on Thursday, by Matt the super nice IKON technician. The cost is something like 364 and some pennies. I did not actually pay for it yet. I guess the routine is that the tech comes out does the work, gives us a reference document (so we know what we're going to be billed for), then we get sent a bill. I can still put it on my credit card if when the bill come we don't have another way to pay for it.

The copier needs and id code to work. We can set up some outrageous number of accounts. I have the code, but I think that until we have more or less decided upon a copier policy the code should not be in wide circulation, so I'm not posting it here to the list. I know that Faith needs to make copies of the membership form for the AWARE meeting, so I'll send the code to her off list.

Matt told me that the copier should easily handle 20,000 copies per month. (In it's prime it was even more than that).

I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head right now about copier policy... today/tomorrow I'll do my best to get them into coherent form and send it out to you all.

I dropped of IMC stuff for the display at the Art Theatre last night. What I left was the basic brochure (the one with the timeline), blue donation cards (which I stamped with the IMC address), the current public i, and a sign up sheet. I'll take responsibility for the sign-up sheet.

I think that's it for this email.

Ellen
your friendly radical librarian