[Imc-outreach] Outreach Meeting Notes 7/7/04

Drew Tarico tarico at puresimplicity.net
Wed Jul 7 19:23:04 CDT 2004

Outreach Meeting Notes 7/7/04

attending: ellen, jane, meghan, drew (notes)

NEW CONTACTS:
shows: Arun and Zoe S.
ragg: Zoe S.

PR for orientation:
Jane will be seeing that Meghan's article gets in the Hub
and she has volunteered to flyer with Meghan
Meghan needs to be contacted about organizations she's talked to.
Drew will talk to the buzz about writing an article or just highlighting
the calendar
Meghan and Jane will go to various organizations on FRIDAY AT 1pm

We talk about general PR strategies, and attendance of past orientations.
4 IMC people may be less intimidating and enough to cover all the bases,
we may want to split up the times with different folks

We need more documentation (from zach?) We've only got a response from
Mike L about it.
We'll meet on SATURDAY AT 6:30pm here at the IMC to discuss the need for
docs and go over whatever we can get before then.

There will be food at the orientation, we'll coordinate this next week.

Ellen brings an outline for the staff orientation to take place on monday
the 19th
EXPECTATIONS
Must be a Member
need to come to their shifts
must attend staff training
may want to institute staff meetings- should attend these
must have basic knowledge of the IMC
must be committed to keeping the IMC a "safe" space
signature of every staffer on some document of commitment
DUTIES
primary duty is to the space not personal work - ie staffers should be in
the front room
Turn Lights on
Straightening things up / pick up things
Check voice mail
Answer questions
check the mail - bring it in, file it in appropriate mailbox etc
Check if the plants need watering
Opening and closing checklist - clean the display case glass
WORK ORGANIZATION
We'll have a staff meeting to discuss how this will break down