[Imc-outreach] [Imc-info] Saturday's Meeting, Photography (fwd)

Drew Tarico tarico at puresimplicity.net
Fri Jul 16 12:00:21 CDT 2004

Hi Peter,

I think several of our groups could benefit from someone with photographic
expertise!  The video group, like its name implies, works with video and
would love to have a photo person around for documentary slideshow style
works.  The print group, which puts out the Public I, I'm sure would also
love to have someone interested in taking photos for the paper.  Keep in
mind that both of these groups work pretty much only in digital formats,
but we do have a scanner (that I've never used so I can't guarantee its
functionality).  These are the two that come readily to mind, all the
other groups (shows, ragg, radio) could also benefit even if only for web
work.

Photojournalism or editorialized commentary is of course more than
welcome, but you may want to also be aware that the IMC is not a top down
organization.  In practice, this means that most projects are very
individual-inspired, and there tends not to be much of a consistent task
list (unless an individual chooses to make one!).  So if you're interested
in not only lending your skills, but your motivation I'd highly recommend
the IMC to you!

I'd also highly recommend that you attend the orientation session for more
information no matter what you're interested in.  We're going to present
and open it up for discussion to the crowd about what people like or would
like to see in the organization.

I hope to see you there on Saturday 3-5!

Drew Tarico
tarico at puresimplicity.net
www.puresimplicity.net/~tarico