[Imc-outreach] More Orientation Stuff

Radical Librarian radicallibrarian at hellokitty.com
Fri Jul 16 18:48:06 CDT 2004

Are you sick of seeing my emails today? This email has several parts so here is an index of sorts: 1. group reps at orientation. 2. photocopies 3. emails to groups 4. set up tomorrow

1. groups reps at orientation
As I've been working on the handbook I've also been thinking about tomorrow and sending out emails to different people. I think that providing people actually show up tomorrow, that the second hour be more open house like for the working group (similar to what we talked about at the meeting) which means that we a person for each group. So this is who I think will be around:

Radio: Still an open question but Sandra will try to make it
RAGG: Zoe S
Librarians: Adam
RFU: Mike
Print: Meghan
Shows: Jane
Video: Drew
Finance: Faith
Tech: Zach
Outreach: Any takers? I can be the default, I'm just worried people will be sick of hearing me.

I thought it might be good for each group to have props to show people/spark conversation. These are my brainstormed ideas:

Radio: Minidisk recorder, CDs of recent shows with CD player
RAGG: RAGG Mag
RFU: fliers, logo contest info
Librarians: bookmarks and pocket guide to UCIMC Library
PRint: Public i
Shows: fliers from past events, CDs of bands booked
Video: videos produced, video camera
Finance: cash register (sorry couldn't think of something else)
Tech: delapidated computers
Outreach: ??

2. photocopies
How many copies do you think I should make of the Handbook? 30? 50?
Can someone else make copies of the Agenda? I'm happy to email you a copy.

3. email to groups
I'll ask again, can someone email the working groups and imc general with another announcement of the orientation

4. set up tomorrow
just a reminder that we'll set up at 2. I may even be there a bit earlier.

Thanks for your work!

Ellen
your friendly radical librarian