[Imc-outreach] mailing handbooks

Radical Librarian radicallibrarian at hellokitty.com
Thu Jul 22 12:42:34 CDT 2004

I also like the idea of getting the membership handbooks into the hands of the members. However, before that can happen they need to go through a serious edting process, and the layout can be tightened up quite a bit so that it will be less paper to send, and probably digest size (half letter) so smaller envelopes can be used as well. Even so it will probably be several hundred dollars to print and send. I made 35 copies and it was $95. (now I'm certain we can have it copied for less, because I was only concerned with convience rather than cost saving when I made the copies). Plus you have to figure probably a dollar for postage.

In order to save some dollars it might make sense not to do two mailings and send the appeal letter at the same time we send the handbook.

Finally, what we probably should do it put some effort into getting the IMC's photocopiers up and running, and that would probably be a wiser investment they continuing to send our copy jobs out.

I'm definitely willing to work on the layout, but I do need help with the editing and I think that probably steering should sign off on it since we do kind of make some claims for the whole IMC in it.

I am also willing to pursue whatever needs to be done for the copier. Sascha or Faith or anyone else who know, please send me the details!

For what it's worth that's my thinking right now.

Ellen