[Imc-outreach] belated outreach minutes from 7/28

Jane Andrew not_so_plain_jane at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 21:51:03 CDT 2004

Attending:  Ellen, Jane, Sascha

----------------------
FUNDRAISING LETTER

Ellen & Sascha look at Jane's letter.  Minor changes
made.

What does everyone think of scheduling envelope
stuffing for 5 pm on Wednesday, Aug 18?

Ellen is going to work on a membership form and she is
willing to print the letters if Faith can help with
the mail merging.

Questions for Faith:
1.  Do we know how to mail-merge from quickbooks?
2.  Can you make lists of members divided into member
types (new member, lapsed member, founding funder,
sustaining funder, current but not new, large capital
campaign donor)?
3.  Do you have time to get these lists done a few
days before envelope stuffing day?
4. Can we put their membership expiration date in the
letter?

------------------------
SWEETCORN FEST:

Jane will find out if we get to be there both days, or
only Sunday.  After we find this out, we should send
out emails asking for LOTS of volunteers to staff the
booth.

------------------------
OUTREACH KIT:

Ellen has the brilliant idea to put together an
"outreach kit" that people can take with them to
events like the Sweetcorn Fest or Quad Day.  Things we
want in the kit:

-A big sign (we should do this before the Sweetcorn
Fest)
-Brochures & Public Is
-Propaganda from groups
-Membership forms

The stuff Ellen promised to do last week will be done
this week (website changes, etc.)

THE END.