[Imc-outreach] belated outreach minutes from 7/28

faith swords faith at ucimc.org
Sat Jul 31 17:52:09 CDT 2004

hey everyone,

below are answers to questions:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Jane Andrew wrote:

> Questions for Faith:
> 1.  Do we know how to mail-merge from quickbooks?

i don't. sascha might.

> 2.  Can you make lists of members divided into member
> types (new member, lapsed member, founding funder,
> sustaining funder, current but not new, large capital
> campaign donor)?

i'm working on this, but it's a much bigger job than you might think,
which brings me to quest 3.

> 3.  Do you have time to get these lists done a few
> days before envelope stuffing day?

doubtful. i can't commit to that right now, but i will give it a shot, and
will let everyone know at the next meeting.

> 4. Can we put their membership expiration date in the
> letter?

if yes to #3, yes to #4.

> ------------------------
> SWEETCORN FEST:
>
> Jane will find out if we get to be there both days, or
> only Sunday.  After we find this out, we should send
> out emails asking for LOTS of volunteers to staff the
> booth.

i highly reccommend sending all future calls for membership to all working
group lists, as well as the general list. most people aren't on the
general list, or ignore the messages sent to it, since so much schlock
comes through there.

> ------------------------
> OUTREACH KIT:
>
> Ellen has the brilliant idea to put together an
> "outreach kit" that people can take with them to
> events like the Sweetcorn Fest or Quad Day.  Things we
> want in the kit:
>
> -A big sign (we should do this before the Sweetcorn
> Fest)
> -Brochures & Public Is
> -Propaganda from groups
> -Membership forms

> The stuff Ellen promised to do last week will be done
> this week (website changes, etc.)
>
> THE END.

--faith