[Imc-outreach] printing labels

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Tue Mar 23 15:12:06 CST 2004

Just so everyone knows for the future, so that I'm not the only one
who knows how to do it. It is REALLY easy. If you have the right
labels and Quickbooks has customers classed for your mailing, printing
the labels should take just a few minutes.

On Quickbooks on the file menu there is an item called something like
"Print Forms" and under that there is an item on the submenu called
"Labels" which brings up a dialog for printing labels.

The label printing dialog first lets you choose which
customers/vendors you'd like to print labels of and then you get a
printing dialog which lets you choose what kind of labels you are
printing to.

Generally when you buy labels they have a format code on the
packaging. You might want to check the formats supported by Quickbooks
before you buy labels. In today's case the labels I bought didn't
match any of the format codes but I found one that works by using the
"preview" function on each one until I found one that looked right.