[Imc-outreach] Re: [Imc] NewSpace meeting Wednesday 6pm

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Mon Nov 15 12:30:12 CST 2004

pireh at uiuc.edu wrote:
> outreach meets from 6-7pm at the imc on wednesdays.
> if the space group meeting is going to conflict with the
> outreach meeting then maybe the space group should
> reschedule.

(I am Cc'ing this to outreach in case others have the same question,
this is becoming an FAQ.)

I just emailed back and forth with Meghan about this. This meeting is
a small one time ad hoc meeting from 6:30pm-7pm. We will meet in a
different room from outreach if outreach is still meeting. If folks
from outreach want to participate in this New Space meeting then I
will work to reschedule it but right now it's just a change for
Sascha, Danielle, Mike, myself, and whoever wants to show up to
regroup and figure out what we're doing next. We won't be making
decisions, just doling out jobs.

Here's what I sent to Meghan:

   Oops my email subject was incorrect (but the body was correct) the New
   Space meeting will be at 6:30pm, not 6pm.

   That's what I get for scheduling a meeting while I'm half asleep. This
   will not be a regularly scheduled meeting, it's a one time ad hoc
   thing and it's just going to be a quick round up of tasks. Would it be
   ok if we conflicted (we'll only overlap by 15 minutes) this time but
   not in the future?

   Were you interested in attending this meeting and/or in taking on some
   tasks.

   Originally the others in the group suggested 7pm to make this meeting
   part of finance but I have a Greens meeting at that time so I couldn't
   be the communications liason. Another possibility to resolve the
   conflict is for you to be the temporary communications person for a
   7pm meeting. Or you (and others) could express your interests in
   helping and I can liasonilly bring them to the group so that you can
   get involved without having to be at the meeting.

If you are still concerned about this, especially if you want to
attend this meeeting, then I will contact the New Space folks and
reschedule but I don't think it has to be a problem to have a very
small ad hoc group meeting in the back room or the production room
while Outreach has it's regular meeting in the front, especially if
the meetings are staggered. Perhaps if everyone in outreach is
interested in New Space and happens to have a short agenda, you could
wrap up at 6:30 and join New Space...or perhaps not.

Let me know where your concerns stand after having read this.