[Imc-outreach] steering tonight

ellen K radicallibrarian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 23:04:46 CDT 2004

Hey outreach I thought I'd give a super quick run down of the meeting
tonight. We had a brief tour of the space. We talked about the
proposal and the business plan. In the end we said that we would
recommend to the membership that we move. But the final decision will
happen at the membership meeting on Oct. 7th.  The full minutes of the
meeting will be posted to the finance list, so it won't have to be
sanitized at all, so if you want to see it, sign up for the finance
list.

But speaking of the membership meeting. A big bunch of folks are going
to decend on Wednesdays meeting to help with a mailing for the
membership meeting! Zach is writing a letter.  I have a box of
envelopes at my house, if someone wants to pick them up. They are
window envelopes but I suppose that a label could just be put over the
window if a mail merge isn't done. Given some of the trouble that
happened last time it might be easiest just to slap lables on. I won't
be there, because I'm holding true to my break to study for my exam.

I suggested that each working group write a blurb about their recent
activities for the membership. Is someone on outreach willing to bug
groups for them, and collate them? Again I have to beg off, and
actually study for my exam.

Oh and we decided to have the next steering meeting Wednesday Oct 7, 8pm.

I think that Cyrus will have to consent to this time, and the above
proposal, but I think it was all in keeping with things we had talked
about before.

Ellen