[Imc-outreach] [Champ4CS-IL] Regional Committee Meeting Minutes (fwd)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Apr 22 13:17:48 CDT 2005

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:03:32 -0500
From: Esther Patt <estherpatt at hotmail.com>
To: Champ4CS-IL at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Champ4CS-IL] Regional Committee Meeting Minutes

Community Shares Regional Committee
Minutes of April 20, 2005 Meeting

Present:  Susan Kim (IMC), Aaron Smith (IDF), Esther Patt (C-U Tenant Union), Nancy Greenwalt (Community Shares)

Access:  Nancy reported that Laura Huth and Jim Rose plan to approach businesses like Home Depot and contractors about
access to their workplaces, using the connection to housing construction that Habitat for Humanity and Homestead are
involved with.  Everyone is encouraged to check with their bord members for contacts with private employers.  We are
especially interested in access to Provena and Carle.

Fall Fundraising Campaign: Everyone who was absent from this meeting:  please make a list of people who you know work
at the U of I and who you believe should be contributing to your organization.  We have availble lists of all donors
at U of I.  Comparing your list to that list will help to target people to be approached in September to contribute to
your organization through Community Shares.

Also, U of I has started continuous giving so our fall campaign at U of I will have to have a little different tone
(language of Dear Colleague letter needs to be changed, for example) to explain continuous giving.   Nancy will
contact the U of I to find out how campaign materials will be distributed to employees this year.

Newsletter articles:  Every Community Shares member is asked to submit a news article of no more than 50 words for
inclusion in the next newsletter.  This could be about anything your organization has accomplished or is working on
right now.   Submitting the article helps keep your organization's identity on the minds of donors.  The newsletter
goes out only twice a year.  Don't miss this one!  Please submit by April 28.