[Imc-outreach] outreach meeting notes 2-9-05

ellen K radicallibrarian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:12:59 CST 2005

Brochures
We got rid of 250ish flyering in the Sesquicentennial neighborhood on
Saturday.  The weather was beautiful.

Orientation
Ellen updated the flyer w/the correct date
We need to flyer next week – Ellen will be out of town.  Jane will
make some copies before next Wednesday.
We will work on ideas for improving the orientation format by next week.

Ellen's ideas:
1.	trying to recruit for the outreach group in the other groups, maybe
to get people who aren't actively involved but lurk on the lists.
Jane will write up an email draft and send it to the outreach list.
We should think of things we need help with that doesn't even
necessitate coming to meetings:  distributing flyers, stuffing
envelopes, folding brochures, designing flyers, representing the IMC
at events, writing press releases and PSAs.
2.	Do a series of trainings – tap specific people to work on
trainings,  and do one per week for a month (a set of four) so we can
promote them at the same time.  Audio editing, Video recording
techniques, audio recording techniques, interviewing skills.   Ellen
will contact some people about doing these in March, so it can happen
right after the orientation.   We should have people register
beforehand because 3 of the classes are so hands-on.

10 Easy Things:  Ellen suggests that we could ask Cope or someone else
to design this.

Next Week:  Ellen and Meghan are unable to attend.  We decided to
cancel the meeting, but some of us still need to get together at some
point to flyer.