[Imc-outreach] IMC Orientaion PSA

ellen K radicallibrarian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 21:26:12 CST 2005

Hi all,

We have to start promoting the orientation if we want folk to come.
Could some body take a PSA to WEFT, and maybe WILL and I don't
remember the other radio station that the folks at the Urban League
suggested when Meghan talked to them in the Summer.

Also can some one take care of getting an anouncement in the Hub and Buzz?

At anyrate, below is the text of the PSA (with the date corrected)
we've used in the past.

Ellen

PSA: UC-IMC Introduction and Orientation				Kill: 2/27/05

Become the media.  Come to a free introduction and orientation to the
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center, Saturday February 26 from
3:00 to 5:00 PM.  At this orientation you'll learn how you can take
part locally in the global independent media movement.  The
Independent Media Center is a grassroots collective that provides the
tools, training and support for community members to tell their own
stories through media.

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is located at 218 W.
Main St. in Downtown Urbana.  All are invited to their free
introduction and orientation on Saturday February 26  from 3:00 to
5:00pm.  For more information email imc-outreach at ucimc.org or call
344-8820.