[Imc-outreach] outreach meeting notes 3-9-05

ellen K radicallibrarian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:45:12 CST 2005

Outreach March 9, 2005
Meghan, Jane, Ellen (note taking), (Sascha)

Orientation Recap
Orientation went well. Will coordinate next orientation with RFU's
orientation. Ellen with email Mike. But will aim for early May.

Jane will email orientation participants.

10 Easy Things
Meghan still working on flier, may ask for help

Imc Infomercial
Video group is willing to make an IMC infomercial, but wants outreach
to create and outline.
So here is our suggested outline
•	Mission statement of the IMC
•	Super Brief History
•	Introduction of each working group
•	Website
•	Steering (not a board of directors but where working groups cooperate)
•	Member supported
•	Member benefits

Outreach willing to meet with Video to script it more fully when they
are ready to work on it.

This Week at the IMC
Outreach will make weekly announcement about what is happening at the
IMC or sponsored by the IMC including staffed times to the events
list.

Meghan will check this week with working group to be sure that we get
meeting times and any events. And we'll start the announcement at the
next outreach meeting. PLEASE NOTE: If you have events/meetings
scheduled be sure that outreach knows about them. Thanks!

Leafleting
When it's warmer

Workshop
RFU is having a workshop/training, if we are able to do some
trainings/workshops we should coordinate PR.

Brochure,
Jane will ask Darrin about adding Community Shares to the Brochure

Art Theatre
Brochure is being picked up like hot cakes. Couldn't think of special
PR that targets the Art, unless certain films target particular topics
we can easily tap into. Jane will email the most recent person who
signed up on the Art sign up sheet.

Next meeting is next Wednesday (March 16) at 6pm