[Imc-summaries] IP Customers- United, Inspired, Informed

Fri Feb 23 18:21:09 CST 2001

In less than two months, the grassroots organization, Illinois Power Customers United to Save our Trees has formed a coalition of over 500 people statewide. Bi-weekly Thursday night meetings demonstrate a growing and informed citizens movement against the IP's vegetation management plans. Green ribbons are being tied around  trees to show support for and create awareness about protection of our trees and our community's quality of life.

<a text story>

+++ for details on this new story, visit urbana.indymedia.org +++