[Imc-summaries] Police Officers In Urbana Schools a Bad Idea -- here's the facts.

Wed May 16 09:21:05 CDT 2001

Many people have asked that I make public the document I entered into the public record at last Monday's City Council meeting.  The transcript of what I read is below along with references where I collected these facts.  The end conclusion is that placement of police officers in Urbana (or any public) schools is detrimental to the school's social climate, and has no proven positive effects.  I have been told that Champaign has already done away with the program, hopefully Urbana will follow suit.

<a text story>

+++ for details on this new story, visit urbana.indymedia.org +++