[Imc-supervisors] [IMC] [Imcamericorps] [Imc-bookkeeper] AmeriCorps Business Meeting this Thursday at 5:30

JOY imcbooks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:36:27 CDT 2010

Thanks Everyone!

What I'm wondering is if we could move this (exit interview) agenda item to
the next Steering or Community Connections meeting, which would allow
additional time to fine tune and review the documents Danielle provided and
review the documents forthcoming from Beth. I understand that folks believe
that exit interviews would be  a valuable tool for the IMC, which are
separate from the Americorps required exit interviews that are currently
conducted when a member leaves.

I also believe what I'm hearing from Carol is that her immediate focus is on
winding down year one and implementing year 2, and has limited time at this
Thursday's meeting.  With fast approaching deadlines, dictated to her/us by
the Americorps program itself, and 1/2 hour scheduled for this meeting, as a
member of finance, I understand that concern. I suspect we will go into
overtime discussing the current agenda items.

Additionally, I have seen SEVERAL instances where AC gives us less than 24
hours to respond to their requests after they put us on temporary hold! As
the Program Director, Carol has to have our documents ready to submit when
that whistle blows - and we hope it does blow. On the other hand, we don't
have a particular deadline to establish the exit interviews and training
agenda since those are internal, yet equally important.

We will not have another opportunity to come together as a group regarding
this program before submission to AmeriCorps begins. We need to get it
right!

What do others think would be a win/win situation?

Joy

Joy Davis
UCIMC Office Manager
202 S. Broadway Ave., Suite 100