[Imc-supervisors] Last year's orientation

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:51:20 CDT 2010

Good afternoon Americorps/Stakeholders,

As you all know, we are in the process of recruiting and planning our
orientation schedule with hopes of starting our program August 16, 2010.  I
wanted to get some feedback and scheduling needs for orientation.  Let me
explain that all members will be oriented together surrounding two areas:
Orientation - the process of preparing the volunteer for a clear
relationship with the parent organization, site host/working group and the
Serve Illinois Connection as it relates to requirements and history.
Training - the process of preparing the Americorps members with the tools to
perform their tasks for their groups.

I will put out a list of training topics that must be included from the
Americorps/UCIMC side.  I would like to include training topics that could
be conducted by either host organization or off-site organizations.

Members serving out off-site locations will then have orientation with their
prospective sites.  If our program can start August 16, 2010, I would like
the first week of orientation to be August 16 - 20th and the Second week
will be August 23 - 27th.  Please provide feedback by Monday, August 2,
2010.

Thanks,

Carol A.

--