[Imc-supervisors] Supervisor's Meeting 6/8/2010 (tomorrow)

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:43:38 CDT 2010

Good morning Everyone,

I wanted to send the agenda for our meeting tomorrow:

I.  Site Visit/Montoring Update (10 minutes)

II.  Current Member Concerns:  Timesheets, Time Away and End-of-Term
Evaluations (15 minutes)

III.  IMC/Americorps Recruitment Timeline (35 minutes)

Current Recruitment Plan Timeline (for your review):  Some changes maybe
necessary, we'll talk further tomorrow.

The UCIMC will recruit through our members and supports that represent a
wide range of community groups and organizations. Our local partnerships,
benefits our recruitment both economically and ethnically. For example, we
have strong partnerships with the Developmental Services Center, community
groups like CU Citizens for Peace and Justice, University of Illinois and
Parkland College who represent a diverse population. Our plan also makes use
of the UCIMC website, radio station, newspaper, and mailing lists.

Our plan includes:

      Three-Month Recruitment Time-line

MAY ▲ Finalize calendar, benchmarks, program letter of intent ▲ Revise forms
and systems with working groups, including work plan, time-line, forms,
templates, application process, sponsor recruitment packet ▲ Mail community
organizations host site notifications with commitment response deadline ▲
Review position descriptions ▲ E-mail position descriptions to project
sponsors (they need to review and send back suggested changes no later than
May 30) JUNE ▲ Implement advertising plan for members who will start in
August ▲ Post individual placement (IP) positions to Web site ▲ Check in
with project sponsors about their recruitment ▲ Receive and process
applications JULY ▲ Maintain ongoing communication with working
groups/sponsors Select Candidates and Set Interviews ▲ Enforce member
selection deadline for working groups/sponsors ▲ Interview and place
applicants ▲ Set aside time for background checks ▲ Coordinate acceptance
packet material and send to accepted members ▲ Complete interviews and
member placements ▲ Create applicant waiting list AUGUST ▲ August. Member
orientation begins tentatively August 2, 2010.

--
Carol Ammons-Program Director
Americorps/UCIMC

believed to be clean.