[Imc-supervisors] New Fundraising working group

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Fri Nov 5 13:00:45 CDT 2010

Hi there!

Are you interested in ensuring the financial health of the UC-IMC? Are you
interested in supporting working group fundraising? Do you like having a
building to do fantastic work in? The IMC is in need of individuals
committed to engaging in collective fundraising planning & execution. To do
this necessary work, I have created the Fundraising working group. *What
does the Fundraising working group do, you ask?*

The Fundraising working group is a collaborative development group aiming to
> support the financial health of the UC-IMC and its constituent working
> groups. This group will work with the Development Adviser and seek support
> from the Finance working group.

Projects:

   - Grants
      - Learn & teach the grants process to members
      - Seek out project-specific and general grants for both working groups
      & UC-IMC
      - Write grants for working groups & UC-IMC
   - Development Plans
      - Brainstorm UC-IMC Development Plan with an eye towards long-term
      financial stability
      - Work with individual working groups on development plans
   - Support other fundraising-related projects (e.g. website redevelopment,
   communications) as needs arise

Finance is committed to improving our relationship with the various working
groups in terms of transparency and participation. If you have reservations,
please talk to me! We are also working on a 2010 Annual Report that will go
out to our members.

I'm interested in including community members in this group as well. If you
have recommendations for individuals who might be an asset to the IMC and
our groups, plz send them my way.

As always, don't hesitate with questions.

Best,
Austin

--
Austin McCann, Development Adviser