[Imc-supervisors] [Bookstoprisoners] Important IMC Steering Meeting tomorrow! Thurs 8 pm @ Family Room - RFU tower, new treasurer, new office manager, future of AmeriCorps

sarah ross sarahlynnross at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:00:43 CST 2011

Hello!
I won't be attending this meeting, and I'm not even sure if this is the
right forum to pass along this grant announcement, but just saw it and
thought of of the IMC. The money is not bad!

here is a link:

http://www.nea.gov/Grants/apply/OurTown/index.html

Statement of Interest Deadline:  March 1, 2011
Invitation to Apply Issued:  March 25, 2011
Formal Application Deadline:  April 25, 2011
Grant Program Description

Art works to improve the lives of America’s citizens in many ways.
Communities across our nation are using smart design and leveraging the arts
to create livable, sustainable neighborhoods with enhanced quality of life,
increased creative activity, distinct identities, a sense of place, and
vibrant local economies. The NEA defines these efforts as *Creative
Placemaking*:

"In creative placemaking, partners from public, private, nonprofit, and
community sectors strategically shape the physical and social character of a
neighborhood, town, city, or region around arts and cultural activities.
Creative placemaking animates public and private spaces, rejuvenates
structures and streetscapes, improves local business viability and public
safety, and brings diverse people together to celebrate, inspire, and be
inspired."

Ann Markusen, Markusen Economic Research Services
Anne Gadwa, Metris Arts Consulting
>From *Creative Placemaking <http://www.nea.gov/pub/pubDesign.php>*

Through *Our Town,* based on the availability of funding*,* the National
Endowment for the Arts will provide a limited number of grants, ranging from
$25,000 to $250,000, for creative placemaking projects that contribute
toward the livability of communities and help transform them into lively,
beautiful, and sustainable places with the arts at their core. *Our
Town*will invest in creative and innovative projects in which
communities,
together with their arts and design organizations and artists, are looking
to increase their livability, and specifically are seeking to:

   - Improve their quality of life.
   - Encourage creative activity.
   - Create community identity and a sense of place.
   - Revitalize local economies.

THERE Is more info on the NEA page.

Best Regards,
Sarah