[IMC-US] NEW IMC document under construction:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Aug 11 18:45:34 CDT 2003

Hi all,

Thanks to Jon <profpike at yahoo.com>, who has volunteered to pull together a
first draft of our NEW IMC application.  I've offered to help him out as
needed, and if anyone else wants to help, please let us know ASAP.  We
plan to have the draft out to the IMC-US list by Wednesday, August 20,
2003 for feedback before sending it along to the New IMC list and
beginning the formal application process at the end of the month.

Further discussion about the setup of an IMC-US website will be taking
place on the IMC-US affinity group's e-mail list:  imc-us at ucimc.org -- but
I wanted to let everyone on the IMC-US-process list know where we were in
the process.  We've completed about 6 weeks of discussion about the pros
and cons of setting up a national US website -- text of the original
proposal is available at:
http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-us-process/2003-July/000107.html

A large affinity group has now been formed that is interested in building
and maintaining this website and will be applying through the New IMC
process.  Feel free to join the effort by signup up for the IMC-US e-mail
list:  http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/imc-us

In solidarity,

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC