[IMC-US] questions from new-imc

Chris Anderson chanders1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 11:00:45 CDT 2003

Hi everyone, Chris Anderson (non-liason) from NYC-IMC.

This is a tad bit frustrating. From what I can tell,
new-imc is basically telling us we need to solicit
feedback from EVERY US based imc in the network
(although I thought we did this once already, else,
how would New York know about it?) and then engage in
an undetermined ammount of online debate until we have
fufilled some deliberative quota (again, i thought
thats what we'd been doing) at which point the new imc
application will be "considered."

I get a sense from this forward that the initiave of
setting up a us based imc could potentially take a
long time and "bleed to death"? but perhaps i'm wrong
about that, i don't have much experiance at all in
global issues.

Maybe the best way to go forward is to ask (yet again)
for the official liasons of each city to chime in (and
if there is no official liason, someone else from a
city ) about whether their city thinks a us imc is a
good idea. that way we'll know what cities are
actually on-board and if there is additional outreach
that needs to be done.

just a suggestion, and feel free to ignore :)

chris