[IMC-US] update?

max max at michiganimc.org
Sun Dec 7 11:53:05 CST 2003

below is the  most recent task-list, sent out to the list in October.
maybe this would be a good starting point, because I'm not sure what of
these things have been accomplished, and what else there is to do
before the site goes live.  I think that if we 1) finish tech stuff
(syndication and acquiring indymedia.us), 2) finish site design, and 3)
empower an editorial collective to figure out editorial policy and
begin posting features, etc. we will be ready.

there is an editorial list that's just been created:
http://detriot.org/wws/info/imc-us-editorial
you can subscribe at http://detriot.org/wws/subrequest/imc-us-editorial
send email to it by writing to imc-us-editorial at lists.michiganimc.org

some reminders:
the site as it stands right now is at http://us.michiganimc.org
the mockup proposed by dan and ana can be viewed at
http://www.rumpus.rackhost.net/usimc/  (there was another version of
the banner but I can't find that URL)

thanks ana for getting us back on track!

max

---
ben and I have put together a first round of tasks that need to get
done before IMC-US goes live.  they are listed below along with a short
description of what each of them entails.  I have indicated where ben
and I have already volunteered ourselves for some of this stuff.  if
you can, please pick something to do and write back to the general
IMC-US list at imc-us(at)ucimc.org .  the tasks are divided up into
categories: technical, design/layout, and logistical.  if we missed
anything, please let us and everyone know.

max

--
IMC-US TASK LIST:

TECHNICAL:

1.  syndication - ben is working on this

2. domain
	-the domain indymedia.us has been registered by William Aal.  Does
anyone know this person and whether he is involved with IMC-US?  Max
will contact him if no one is already in contact with him.

DESIGN/LAYOUT:
there's some design work that needs to get done before the site can go
live.

1. creating appropriate graphics for the site, specifically a final
version of the banner.

LOGISTICAL:

1. setting up an editorial collective, specifically creating an email
list and announcing this list to IMCs involved in IMC-US.  the
editorial collective should hash out an editorial policy for the IMC-US
and be responsible for maintaining up to date, accurate content for
IMC-US.  also figuring out something regarding open publishing newswire
- whether we're going to have one or not, where it will can be accessed
if we do decide to have one etc.