[IMC-US] imc-us design

dnice danscott at rumpus.rackhost.net
Wed Jul 2 21:53:50 CDT 2003

Here's a quick suggestion of the way to proceed towards a new site design.
this is loose, but i wanted to put some of the ideas out there for
discussion.

later
dan
----------------------

1. Tech, writers, editors, designers ect. figure out what is going to be on
the site (new features, syndicated us imc site top features, ect). I'm sure
many of us have great ideas of new way to prevent imc information. i would
personally like the site to reflect the multimedia aspects of the imc, not
just the text medium.

2. figure out what order of importance each part of the site has. aka the
information heirarchy, or relationship if you prefer.

3. with the information on the site worked out we can open the design to
competition and take submissions from multiple designers. we can figure out
a democratic way to select the site idea (3/4 majority would be my
suggestion) and have people across the network vote on it. fun for the whole
imc family.

4. once the design is selected a design collective could be formed to finish
off the site and tweak it to perfection. of course the design will influence
the info heirarchy and change will happen as the site is visually
articulated. The above are just some rough steps.