[IMC-US] us.indymedia.org site suggestion

bks10 at cornell.edu bks10 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 4 21:55:01 CDT 2003

I can't agree more with Evan about good design and syndication.

I have set up a syndication based website that is currently updated
hourly at http://staughton.indymedia.org/~ski/us.htm . Check it out for
consideration/comments.

I think one thing we may need to do is correct for which IMCs publish
more - for example, portland seems to have an average of 8 features a
day, whereas other sites feature a few a week or fewer. I'm not sure what
the best way to do this is - perhaps just check these sites for features
less often? I'd be interested in hearing any suggestions on this point.

Besides that it's just a matter of making it look purdy (which is a
significant task - I like the way oceania.indymedia.org, which is a
syndication site, looks, but that's just me), and I haven't even started
looking at that yet (though I'd also be intereted to hear any comments).

Please help me tinker with this, try out suggestions/ideas you have, etc.
- the concept is to have something tangible to try out so we're not just
pulling ideas out of the air, but we have some idea how they would look &
work.

Peace,
Brian Szymanski
bks10 at cornell.edu