[IMC-US] debate on global site

evan evan at protest.net
Tue Jul 8 16:31:37 CDT 2003

The posts on the site have links to the mailinglists where people can
get involved in the discussion if they so desire. I figure, if somebody
is serious, they'll follow the links and get involved. If they are just
blowing off steam and ranting, perhaps using many different names and
posting comments replying to themselves, then they aren't really
participating in the work.

Remember indymedia network principle of unity number 7:
	All IMC's recognize that a prerequisite for participation
	in the decision making process of each local group is the
	contribution of an individual's labor to the group.

Anyway, for a bunch of links and a little of my commentary about this
discussion i've post something on my blog, for those who are interested.

http://www.anarchogeek.com/archives/000153.html

in solidarity,
evan

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 06:04  PM, Ryan Smith wrote:

>> is anyone else concerned about the debate currently raging on the
>> global site concerning the US-imc? granted, i am a supporter of this
>> idea, but i think we shouldn't discount alot of the arguments against
>> it; a lot more people than i personally anticipated are having
>> problems with it, and i don't think we should just bulldoze their
>> concerns. check it out: debate
>
> Considering there are 281,421,906 potential objectors in the US alone
> (not counting our friends in Australia who taken an interest), I'm
> surprised more people haven't expressed their disapproval yet. I
> suggest we deal with objections primarily at the IMC level rather than
> the personal level and let individual IMCs sort out the concerns of
> individual people within their IMC (and convey those concerns in an
> orderly fashion to the US-IMC working group). Otherwise we're only
> going to get bogged down in endless petty debates.
>
> Ryan Smith, Tennessee IMC

| blog: anarchogeek.com                pgp: anarchogeek.com/pgp.txt |
| "All resistances, in the history of humanity, have appeared       |
|  ineffective, not just on the eve, but also well into the night   |
|  of the attack."                          -- Subcomandante Marcos |