[IMC-US] intro - sheri

Sheri Herndon sheri at speakeasy.org
Wed Jun 18 00:12:58 CDT 2003

hi,

i'm sheri from the seattle imc and i've been involved since the wto and fall of 1999 making plans for a media space in seattle.  i've been active ever since doing a little bit of everything along the way.  just re-elected to the spokescouncil here in seattle (our fast turn around decision-making body; otherwise it's the general membership every two weeks); we're in full fundraising mode because of a financial crunch and not having enough money coming in to pay all the bills.  if folks have some ideas send them my way.

most of my attention the last few years has been focussed on global network issues - from communication between all imcs, to new imc process to finance to fundraising.  i'm very interested in how a network that is decentralized and distributed can be more effective in a virtual environment (where alot of work has to happen).  i have alot more to say, but should keep it brief.

i'm really interested in a us site and a us continental meeting and am sorry i missed the acm meeting, it sounds like it was a great event and time for indymedia people.  i look forward to any documentation that comes from it.

much peace,
sheri