[IMC-US] Intro

Ana ana at indymedia.org
Wed Jun 18 11:02:17 CDT 2003

Hey everyone,

just got back into normal work mode but stepping into it with a fresh
energy that I gained from the AMC conference. So thanks to all of you who
made it out to Ohio and shared your inspiration.

I am a member of the NYC IMC, been so since day one, and in the past have
been very involved in global network stuff. These days I am a little
swamped producing for Democracy Now radio and TV, but the IMC network is
still integrally tied to my work here, and you all make it easier for us to
pull off what we do here.

Having worked on global features on and off, I have yearned to see a US IMC
site start up for a long time because i think it would be a great way to
collectivize our struggles and draw national and international attention to
the strong independent media movement in this troubled country. I think it
will help to make each of our local imc's stornger by drawing traffic to
our local sites whenever a story of national significance happens in our
home town or state. Plus it will create a new canvas that we can
collaborate on together outside our local sites. Who knows what new
projects could rise out of this. In addition, I am hoping it will open up
some space where others from the network can start working on global
features.

I learned a lot at the conference and have already had some great meetings
with NYC IMC locals about implementing some of the brilliant strategies and
tactics that you have each come up with to deal with the many issues and
challenges we face in our work. So again, thanks. I am not a frequent
emailer, so I may be quite on this list, but I am paying attention and will
jump in whenever I feel I can take something on. For sure, I am committed
to helping see the site take off and finding folks who are interested in
working on it. I will help with features occasionally as well.

Peace
ana nogueira