[imc-us-process] Re: [Imc-cleveland] Re: [IMC-US] The "USA" Label for the New Site

John Windmueller john at conflictresolver.com
Fri Jun 20 16:27:53 CDT 2003

Just to toss another opinion in here...

I think being critical of US foreign and domestic policies will be an
important part of any US Indymedia site we create.  But I'm not
particularly thrilled with choosing a name that will alienate potential
readers before they even visit the site.

As we're starting out in this conversation, jumping to positions like: I
don't accept us.indymedia.org as a name, find something else, creates a
very difficult and possibly divisive situation for the group to work
with.

Consensus works best if, before jumping to demands and ultimatums, we
raise concerns and then the group as a whole tries to find ways to meet
those concerns in ways everyone can live with and that most people feel
downright good about.

Maybe there are ways we can take the concerns and interests behind this
position and find some creative options that may, or may not, involve
"us" or "usa" in the name.

:-)
John

p.s. I'm sorry I've posted so much to the list over the past two days.
I'll try and shut up for a bit and hope that some new voices will chime
in.