[IMC-US] re: the website

Ana ana at indymedia.org
Mon Jun 23 20:08:37 CDT 2003

On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 04:29  PM, Ryan Smith wrote:

Even though this issue may be a bit premature to discuss, I would strongly
encourage potential us-tech people to examine both news.google.com and
slashdot.org for ideas about how IMC software can be improved for use at
the national/international level. news.google is probably the best news
syndication site on the internet..."

hi again,

While we are on this tangent, I want to bring up what I breifly raised at
the AMC regarding news.google.

I work for a daily news show (Democracy Now) and I cant tell you how much we
rely on news.google to get our most updated information. Recently when DN
redid its website, we specifically designed it around news.google's
particular requirements for getting a newssite syndicated in its search
engine. I know SF.indy is on there but I dont see other IMC sites come up
when I search for news. I think it would be great to contact news.google or
sf.indymedia and ask them what the specs are and design our code with that
in mind as a high priority.

I think it has somethign to do with features coming up in our database as
individual stories? somethign like that. anyway, something to keep in mind.

thanks!
ana

p.s. thanks sheri for the comments... ;-)