[IMC-US] website ideas

max max at michiganimc.org
Wed Jun 25 03:25:26 CDT 2003

as long as we're getting really ahead of ourselves, I have an idea for a
totally new design for the US-IMC.  I would personally like to see the
indymedia layout evolve towards a denser and more packed look.  I'm
actually taking visual cues from websites like cnn.com, msnbc.com, and the
like.  not so much the colors and sensationalist design, but how they have
the one 'most recent' story big with a picture, then older stories along
the right, and then older stories by topic at the bottom.  we could still
include the syndicated newswire, other IMC lists, and the usual stuff, but
we could also make the site more user friendly and have a section for
resources and other places to get info, and stuff like that.  when I'm back
at a decent computer I'll put together a prototype design and people can
give feedback.

max