[IMC-US] re: the website

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Jun 25 13:09:00 CDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Ryan Smith wrote:

> Here's the response I received from Google News:
>
> > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion. We are currently working with the SF
> > Indymedia chapter on including them in Google News. Once we have
> > established guidelines with them, we will work to add other Indymedia
> > outlets in Google News. Thank you for suggesting this one.
> >
> > Regards,
> > The Google Team

A couple quick thoughts:

Craig Silverstein, the director of technology for google, stayed at my
house a few months ago and we talked at length about how google works and
where they're planning to go... there's definitely a lot of interest in
Indymedia-type projects and linking up with us.  Also, a group of folks
from the Tactical Media Fund are working on a grant from the Open Society
Institute to get funding to develop a next-generation open-publishing
system.  Perhaps the US IMC site might make a good nexus for testing
ideas/prototypes out.

In solidarity,

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC