[IMC-US] Re: [Imc-us-editorial] hold ups

deva drdartist at riseup.net
Sun Aug 22 21:34:48 CDT 2004

Well, as a person from Portland, that of course sounds good to me and I
suggest taking it as a starting point and things can be revisited,
changed amended after the rnc when there is some breathing room

How many people are actively going to be monitoring the site during the
rnc?

I'll be able to check in a bit, but mostly I'll be really busy with the
portland site and our rnc coverage during that time

I am concerned that there are not people to attend to the newswire

Also, I am tentatively suggesting either disabling the US-IMC newswire,
or making it moderated as a possible step during the rnc so as to
minimize bandwidth use. A moderated newswire would mean posts would get
let through by editorial folks which means less rsync traffic

We are getting some mirror machines up asap but the week of the rnc is
going to bring an enormous amount of traffic and doubling the mirrors
doubles the sync load.

I would like to hear peoples thoughts and expectations on the matter of
the newswire so effective decisions can be made about tech resources
and allocation. Do people forsee a newswire on the US site having a
meaningful role to play in rnc coverage? Does anyone feel strongly
about scaling back on the newswire in one of the two ways I suggested?

cheers
deva