[IMC-US] Fwd: [IMC-US-tech] imc-us test site up and running

max max at michiganimc.org
Tue Jul 13 09:59:17 CDT 2004

ok, now would be a good time to figure out how this thing is going to work,
seeing as how the site is well on its way to being live.

I would propose that we adapt the process of the global features working
group. that group's process is outlined here:

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/How-toProposeAndPostAFeature

1. the newswire is syndicated features from US IMCs.

2. the features are compiled by this new features working group, from the
newswire articles and other sources.

3. the features group is empowered to decide on an editorial policy for the
features, which would be consensed on by the larger group.

4. this would mean no open publishing on the site, but I think we could go
with ana's suggestion from a few months back:

"so one solution might be to have a prominent button on the front page
saying PUBLISH YOUR MEDIA and that would  take you to a page that explains
open publishing, links to all local U.S.  IMC publishing pages, and
www.indymedia.org's open publishing page."

I think this would be better for us than having open publishing.

so that's my proposal.

max

---

----- Forwarded message from john duda <john at manifestor.org> -----