[IMC-US] open publishing

john duda john at manifestor.org
Tue Jul 13 17:16:07 CDT 2004

i'm coming to this all a bit late, but....

I'm wondering if the us.indymedia.org site will have an open
publishing newswire.  as far as i know, us.indymedia.org was approved
by new-imc/imc-process, as an imc and not a special project, and as
far as i know the imc membership crtieria mandate that us imc therefore
"Agree to the use of Open Publishing".

but then i heard from max today that the plan was to just tell people
that they should post somewhere else.

anyway, i'm sure this has all been covered, but there are far too many
months of far too many mailing lists for me to find the answer for
myself.  personally, i'd be uncomfortable working on an indymedia site
that was both going to have an editorial voice (center features
column) and a total lack of open publishing.

john

btw check out http://usimc.kicks-ass.net/en/ if you haven't
already, the tech stuff is progressing rather quickly.  if it's not
live by the dnc, it will certainly be live by the rnc.

--

this is where my public key can be found:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03817826