[IMC-US] Point about open publishing

john duda john at manifestor.org
Mon Jul 19 20:13:21 CDT 2004

as far as i know, oceania is an entirely syndication driven site.
there's no editorial voice, no features, just syndication from the
regional imcs.

the plans for us-imc, at least the ones that i've seen recently, have
involved a prominent center column of features written/selected by an
us-imc editorial collective, and no open publishing on the site.

whether it needs op or not is open to debate.  personally, i think a
us-centric open publishing wire would have a lot to recommend it, as
well as a lot of arguments against it.

i guess the question is:

is us.indymedia.org a site which merely syndicates other imcs?  or is
it an independent media center in its own right?  if it's the latter,
it seems to me it needs open publishing.

john