[IMC-US] Re: a proposal

bradley at riseup.net bradley at riseup.net
Tue Jul 27 11:35:54 CDT 2004

Hey Max, Michigan and all,

I like much of this proposal, but it leaves me wondering about
open-publishing.

Will there be open-publishing with this proposal?

There should at least be the ability to comment on features, right.
If so, there should be an editorial policy for the open-publishing /
comments.

Also, I think that it would make sense to have the 6hr proposal on all
features (from the 'features newswire', not just ones composed by the
editorial collective. The six hours also allows other folks to add content
from other local IMCS.

This proposal may want to address translations as well, ie.. will features
be translated to at least one other language first (it is a nice goal...)?

Also, if an article is translated, then new information would need to be
added as a comment as opposed to updating the feature summary due to the
translated article...

All in all, i really like the proposal.

Please clarify how open-publishing will (or will not....) fit into the
site as well as translations.

Thank you for working on the proposal.

sincerley,
Bradley