[IMC-US] Open Publishing

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 28 16:54:09 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Andy Pyle wrote:

> The easiest thing looks to be doing it like Global.  Separate Open
> Publishing Newswire, and "comments" provided for.

I agree -- following the lead of the Global Indymedia site allows us to
both syndicate and have a feature/aggregation-rich front page while still
creating open-publishing opportunities.  I had thought that this was what
we were planning to do, but have been skimming a lot of the e-mail
recently and may have missed something.  I would definitely recommend that
we go with an option that mirrors the Global site -- this is both what was
envisioned during the initial brainstorming at the 2003 AMC and what was
proposed when we went through the New-IMC process.

In solidarity,

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & Pres.  *  Project Coordinator  *  Project Manager