[IMC-US] re: US IMC

max max at michiganimc.org
Thu Jun 3 20:22:15 CDT 2004

hi deva-

thanks for sharing you ideas.  I can answer some of the questions, but the
answers to others still haven't really been decided yet since this project
is sort of still in its infancy.

1. email verification- you bring up some good points and I think that
removing the email verification part of dada would be quite simple were we
to decide we wanted to do that.

2. syndication- syndication is and has been worked on for quite a while.
there has been progress made, but folks have run into various tech-related
roadblocks.  our current plan is to continue moving forward with trying to
get syndication working, but not to view that as a prerequisite to getting
the site live.  if you can lend a tech hand, you should join the tech list
(anyone else too!) (
http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/imc-us-tech )

3. public domain - I have no idea, but I suspect that we can create an
appropriate policy.  the site is currently hosted on the michiganIMC server,
but that might change.

4. there are no current costs involved, beyond hosting.

5. there is a design that was tentatively agreed upon but it disappeared and
hasn't been able to get implemented again because of bugs in the software
that haven't yet been fixed.  there were also some great banner proposals
that disappeared due to a stolen laptop.

6. no real discussion on editorial policy yet.

7. regarding the idea of making it a bio-regional IMC, I don't think that's
the idea behind IMC-US.  in some of the discussions a while back many people
agreed that the site content should focus not only on issues located within
the US, but issues that exist as a result of US actions in other parts of
the world.

that's about all I can answer.  hope that helps.

max

---