[IMC-US] RE: Indymedia Newsreal Tour Grant Proposal

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at monsterlabs.com
Thu Jun 17 16:54:59 CDT 2004

> Why not ask local IMCs for help first, instead of seeking a grant?

What's wrong with seeking a grant from the Funding Exchange? Please
explain why this is not a worthwhile course of action.

> Look, I have nothing personal against the people working on the tour
> and
> FSTV... but I think this tour throws the door open for people getting
> paid
> to work on Indymedia projects.

God forbid.

> By chance did anyone reading this email see the "We Are Everywhere"
> Tour?
> If was excellent! Indymedia activists were a major part of the tour!
> People learned a lot about Indymedia! And, it was called "We Are
> Everywhere."

Actually, I organized the We Are Everywhere presentation in Nashville.
It was a great presentation and a great example of doing an educational
tour primarily off of donations. Same for the CrimethinInc tour. It is
not, however, the only way of doing things, nor should it be.
Ironically I had a long discussion with Andrew Stern (the photographer
for We Are Everywhere) while he was in town about grants and I can
assure you he is a big fan of applying for grant money. The Tennessee
IMC has applied for several grants as well, and although we have never
actually received any, I don't see how accepting grant money could do
anything besides help us better achieve our goals. Just my 2 cents.

Ryan Kaldari, Tennessee IMC