[IMC-US] RE: Indymedia Newsreal Tour Grant Proposal

Sarsnic at aol.com Sarsnic at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 17:05:10 CDT 2004

But it wasn't called the "Indymedia: We are Everywhere tour." I think the only valid objection to the newsreal should be to use of the name indymedia on a project which has not been approved in any forum as representing indymedia.  Perhaps a process of validating the use of the name should be begun.  I have already brought it up for discussion on new-imc hoping that group might want to take on that task.
Peace
Nick
houston

>Actually, I organized the We Are Everywhere presentation in Nashville.
It was a great presentation and a great example of doing an educational
tour primarily off of donations. Same for the CrimethinInc tour. It is
not, however, the only way of doing things, nor should it be.
Ironically I had a long discussion with Andrew Stern (the photographer
for We Are Everywhere) while he was in town about grants and I can
assure you he is a big fan of applying for grant money. The Tennessee
IMC has applied for several grants as well, and although we have never
actually received any, I don't see how accepting grant money could do
anything besides help us better achieve our goals. Just my 2 cents.