[IMC-US] imc us style sheets and css

bht criticalmasser at riseup.net
Sun Jun 27 11:40:34 CDT 2004

John recommends that people use these templates
(http://codecoop.org/scm/cvsweb.php/templates/etc/?cvsroot=imc-germany)
from imc-germany to customize as to what we want turtleisland-imc to look
like.

He syas that this can be started now, this is css only.  The various tech
people on here should know css already and i understand it is pretty easy
to use.  John also says that he will put imc-us on the edna server and
netherlands imc has offered to mirror it, in portland, we can also mirror
it if that will help to ease peoples concerns of it being hosted in
portland.

John is setting up the site to pull all of the rss feature feeds from
local us imc's and they will be compiled in the newswire there.  From that
we can use mir to either promote thos earticles or write them ourselves,
however people want to do it.  We should probably start talking about
those things, as it will come up pretty fast.

I also have access to a mir test site where I can give people admin access
and you can play around in the mir "sandbox" if you want to get a feel for
it prior to bein handed the site.  Let me know on that as well.  i am also
availabl to help walk people through the test site through email or irc.

One thing that is going to be important is getting the banner and such
together soon, as what John has to do is a relatively quick process.  Oh
and one other thing I wanted to say is that if you know of any imc's that
do not have their rss feed in the contact db or that do not have rss at
all, please encourage them to set one up or help them set it up.  If this
site is going to be about all the local us sites, we should represent as
many as possible :)

Okay, I think that is it for now.  Except, It hink that as tech work moves
forward we should really continue or start discussing finer aspects like
ed.policy and terms of use and all that jazz.
bht
portland