[IMC-US] syndication, us-imc, and you

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at monsterlabs.com
Mon May 10 15:30:31 CDT 2004

> ps.  about the AMC thing, the only thing that I have a problem with is
> that AMC is a conference that included select imc's.  There should have
> been more outreach to imc's that may not be privledged monetarily
> enough
> to attend such a conference.

Hi bht,
obviously outreach is a very important issue for this project. One of
the very first things we did as a group was to set up an outreach
committee and try to bring as many local IMCs on board as possible.
Here is a brief synopsis of our outreach efforts so far (culled from
the listserv archives):

Aug 22:
"Discussion for a US based Indymedia website has happened on and off
for many months. But recently at the NorthEast IMC regional conference
and at the Allied Media Conference in Ohio, this project received
unprecendented focus. Participants from about 20 IMCs expressed
interest in seeing Indymedia articles of national significance
highlighted on a US-based news website... An outreach working group was
formed to invite local IMC's to participate."

Aug 28:
"All US IMCs have been contacted and invited to participate (most
multiple times). At the moment I would guess a dozen or so IMCs are
interested in actively collaborating on this project and many others
have expressed support for it. The proposal has also been published and
discussed on the global indymedia site."

Jan  6:
"There's been several rounds of invitations to join the IMC-US project
including invites on Global Indymedia e-mail lists and individual
e-mails sent to each IMC."

Hope that addresses some of your concerns. If you have any ideas for
how we can improve our outreach further, please let us know. We could
definitely use more support (especially design and technical) from
other IMCs. Thanks for getting the listservs published on
lists.indymedia, BTW!

Ryan Kaldari, Tennessee IMC