[IMC-US] links to home, open publishing

Joshua Breitbart breitbart at indymedia.org
Mon Nov 1 03:18:15 CST 2004

A couple of minor navigational items:

Right now, once you get off the home page, there's no home link. Can the parts
of the banner are not currently linked be linked to the index page?

The link to 'publish your news' is not obvious. I assume this is intentional,
which I understand. However, in moments of heightened participation, like the
next three days, is when Indymedia is really at its best, so we may want to
open it up a bit. We could put that link in a more obvious spot, perhaps in a
box at the top, along with the IMC webstream links and call in numbers. I know
at least one group, This Time We're Watching <http://ttww.org>, is telling
people to post their reports to Indymedia sites.

At the very least, when you're viewing the open publishing newswire, there
should be a link to post an article in the box at the top of the column.

Thanks, all. The site looks beautiful and is going to come in real handy this
week. Thanks especially to whomever does these tasks I'm asking for, if we
think they're good ideas.

Josh