[IMC-US] PROPOSED: Arafat on the verge of death

john duda john at manifestor.org
Fri Nov 5 11:19:01 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 12:02:24PM -0500, Ana Nogueira wrote:
> I agree. This is what I propose.
>

> longterm:
> This might be too radical an idea, but we find space on our page for
> "syndicated global features." a narrow column with *just* headlines from the
> global feature page that link to the global site.
>  I think this would help us more clearly define both site's roles. Crazy?

i think we need to seriously think about how to 1) increase the amount
of space on the page (a stretchable banner would help here) and 2) how
to display more info at the top of the page for longer periods of
time.  maybe if we could come up with a set of distinctions beyond
start special/breaking news/feature/local wire that tied into a less
traditional layout like what sf.indymedia.org is now using.  or something.

john