[IMC-US] feature question

bradley at riseup.net bradley at riseup.net
Sat Nov 6 23:47:04 CST 2004

Deva wrote and Bradley responds....

> It was decided to leave center column features alone that have been
> promoted. So now the top feature is about Nader asking for a recount in
> NH and the latest news is that the request was denied. How should such
> a situation be dealt with?

Tough question. Here's one suggestion....

This suggestion would work ok with this particular story, and should work
with others, but it may not work well with a feature with a really long
summary, cuz then you may miss the update for one reason or another....

clearly write "update" after the summary and give a link. This could be
done in a different color.

"Washington, DC: The Nader/Camejo campaign has filed a challenge to the
voting results in New Hampshire after receiving numerous complaints from
voting rights activits. Below is Nader's letter to New Hampshire
requesting a recount. Also, below is Nader's view on electronic voting
without a paper trial. In addition, the Nader/Camejo campaign offered our
campaign to poll watchers who wanted to be credentialed to be inside to
monitor electronic voting. Hundreds of democracy activists in Maryland
working with TrueVoteMD.org were credentialed to monitor polling through
the Populist Party which was created by Nader-Camejo supporters in
Maryland. read more >>

[ The Election was Stolen; How we know & Why it matters ]"

This is a mild form of modification to the article though, perhaps updates
made by the Indymedia.us Editorial folks could be done in a different
color (nothing too dramatic, just enough make a small distinction between
the feature from the local IMC and the editorial update)

> Also, which list should this go to?

I think it should go to the editorial list.

If you are not currently on the editorial list, you may want to be ( ;