[IMC-US] Indymedia.us, Press Release and Features from the OP Wire

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Oct 18 10:47:34 CDT 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, max wrote:

> so is everyone cool with that press release?  we should get a kick-ass
> press list together and empower a few people to answer queries from the
> press. also there should be a few quotes in there.

I like the release -- a few quotes should definitely be added...  things
like:

"The IMC-US has been organized by a dedicated group of Indymedia techies
and volunteers over a two-year period to provide news reporting and
analysis of topics of national impact.  Linking together on-the-ground
reports from dozens of IMC's, the IMC-US is a venue for 'connecting the
dots.' At a time of unprecented curtailing of our civil rights, increasing
economic injustice, and a rhetoric of permanent war, the IMC-US is a
critically important venue for the passionate tellings of truth."

> we should also decide on an editorial policy.  I think there was an
> informal consensus on this:  http://indymedia.us//en/2004/08/673.shtml
> but feel free to correct me.  if there was not yet consensus I would say
> give it 48 hrs to bring up any problems or make suggestions before it
> becomes adopted as a working policy.

A 48-hour deadline sounds like a plan.

> were we going to do another round of outreach to other IMCs?  I can't
> really tell which IMCs are involved and which ones are not involved (and
> for what reasons if that's the case) but it would probably be good to
> send another blast to US IMCs letting them know we're getting ready to
> give live and the URL for the list to join up.

Yes, we should definitely send another invite to all US-based IMCs.

> if people on this list need editorial access, speak up.  also if people
> need help using mir.
>
> also- please hang out in #us on IRC; it's pretty lonely right now.
> it's only me and bht sometimes.

i've been on there a bit.  will get on again momentarily.

--Sascha