[IMC-US] mission statement

max max at michiganimc.org
Mon Oct 25 10:07:11 CDT 2004

well I was reorganizing some stuff in the 'about' section, and thought that
some of it would be better in a 'mission statement' section, which we
didn't have.  so I created a static page for mission statement, and
realized that this is all we have:

"Linking autonomous and participatory US-based IMCs, Indymedia.us is a
network of solidarity between communities engaged in struggles for social,
environmental and economic justice. Indymedia.us seeks to generate
alternatives to the biases inherent in the corporate media controlled by
profit, and to identify and create positive models for a sustainable and
equitable society.

Unlike a newspaper or other form of media, content published to the website
goes directly to the top of the open publishing newswire without being
approved or edited.

The articles that are featured in the center column are taken from either
the local features newswire or the open publishing newswire. Features may
be 'compilations' which typically cover an event or issue that occurs
simulataneously in different locations and are covered by several local
IMCs. "

which doesn't strike me as enough, given the concerns that people had with
the US-IMC that we should have to take into account.  is there another
mission statement I am aware of.  if not, would anyone like to work on one
with me (or without me)?

max